VSO/ITTAT/Whatever!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're smarter now!

2 posters

Google Wave of the Future!

Vandal
    Vandal
    Junior Petty Poster

Google Wave of the Future! Empty Google Wave of the Future!

Post  Vandal Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Check this out. It is exciting stuff if you care about new tech. http://wave.google.com/
    Command007
    Command007
    Executive Newbie

Google Wave of the Future! Empty Re: Google Wave of the Future!

Post  Command007 Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:07 pm

This is great. I signed up for their alerts and to provide them feedback as well. I already sent them this:

This is amazing. I love the way it works so far. The only thing I would like to see is instead of the basic RTF editor, why not use Google Docs as the editor? This way the formatting is all set for the final collaborated content to be in a DOC format or any other format Google Docs supports. You should also add in directly an "export" option for that as well so the final product of any collaboration or wave can be easily exported and locally (or saved on the server) into DOC or PDF formats. Having Google Docs emebedded as the editor within Wave would allow for a seemless transfer and editing of all types of documents including spreadsheets which was mentioned in the demo as being a future option. I look forward to seeing and actually using future enhancements!
    Vandal
    Vandal
    Junior Petty Poster

Post  Vandal Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Command007 wrote:This is great. I signed up for their alerts and to provide them feedback as well. I already sent them this:

This is amazing. I love the way it works so far. The only thing I would like to see is instead of the basic RTF editor, why not use Google Docs as the editor? This way the formatting is all set for the final collaborated content to be in a DOC format or any other format Google Docs supports. You should also add in directly an "export" option for that as well so the final product of any collaboration or wave can be easily exported and locally (or saved on the server) into DOC or PDF formats. Having Google Docs emebedded as the editor within Wave would allow for a seemless transfer and editing of all types of documents including spreadsheets which was mentioned in the demo as being a future option. I look forward to seeing and actually using future enhancements!

I definitely thought the same thing. I was wondering why they didn't include any Google Docs stuff in the demo. I'm guessing it will integrate by the time the final product comes out. It's very exciting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:42 am